http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/love-literature

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds/love-literature

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Evolution of Mother's Day



Mother's Day has changed a lot for me over the years.  I've gone from the afternoon pleasure of finding my son using un-laundered underpants to soak up then suck out muddy water from a puddle (see previous Mother's Day blog), to having my children, on their own accord, pamper me with poetry and breakfast in bed, and heart-felt messages on Facebook.  The phrase "This too shall pass" has been a sort of Mother's mantra for several years as we've struggled through nights of insomnia with infants, tiring days with toddlers, and trying times with teens.  But it's been an adventure and joy!


Here are a few of my thoughts today about my most magnificent children:


I love that my teen-agers still love the Muppets
I love that my sons aren’t afraid to try to drink soda from a mentos geyser
I love that my daughter won’t let them try to drink it all without her
I love that my son asks me to play catch with him
I love that my daughter worries about my being terribly lonely when my husband is out of town
I love that my kids don’t really believe they will give me a heart attack when they hide under piles of pillows and jump out to scare me (I just hope I don’t prove them wrong)
I love that my sons ask me style advice
I love that my sons ignore my style advice
I love that my daughter can’t wait until the fathers’ and sons’ campout so we can have our own mother and daughter girls’ night
I love that she insists that we have chicken nuggets, M&M’s, cotton candy, ice-cream, and pop corn on said girls’ night
I love that my son writes me poetry
I love that my son writes stories with me
I love that my son is becoming a better writer than me
I love that my son creates beautiful art as gifts
I love that my daughter wakes me up early on Sunday morning to bring me hot chocolate in bed
I love that she asks me to teach her to work the stove and microwave so she doesn’t have to make hot chocolate for me from the tap.
I love that my children get upset when they see injustice
I love that my children aren’t afraid to dream big
I love that they are proud to stand up for right and share truth
I love that my children love each other
I love that they love me
I love that my children are mine
I love being their mother

So, my Mother's mantra, "This too shall pass," has taken on a new meaning--these wonderful moments will pass, and all too quickly.  I plan to enjoy every one of them and make the most of each day I have with these incredible children the Lord has given me!  I couldn't feel more blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Amen. I really do hope to be a mother just like you when I grow up. Maybe if you lived next door it would be easier...I'll come to you...if we can borrow your pool once in awhile.

    Wishful thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Piles is a condition wherein a plump mass of variable size, shape and shading shows up because of varicosity of veins in the butt. According to the treatment perspective, Piles might be separated into two gatherings viz. Shushkarsh (Dry Piles ) and sravi Arsh (exudating Piles ).
    plump mass of variable size

    ReplyDelete